ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Martina and Silkpus I believe you said it all eloquently. I believe, though, that where privilege comes in is this: if he had been a black male the police would have stormed his apartment because, after all, the police and dominant society continue to dehumanize black people. The concept of privilege is how the press would cover it. I wonder if the women had been from a traditionally black sorority if it would be covered the same.

I am not minimizing the misogyny at all. But I do believe that one cannot be separated from the other. White men and boys, as in Steubenville get a pass. If Steubenville rapists were black they would have been given long, harsh sentences.

Just saying
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post: