Old 06-22-2011, 02:22 AM   #73
intrigue_in916

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine Lesbian Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
just dont refer to me as a 'YOU PEOPLE' or say'HEY YOU' to me
Relationship Status:
single

intrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputationintrigue_in916 Has the BEST Reputation

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
It isn't discussing straight people that's a sore point, it's being constantly measured against them that is. Femmes do not want to be compared with straight women, many butches do not want to be compared with straight males. Femmes are frequently not taken seriously as lesbians and/or queers. There is a big invisibility factor at play and also there have been many discussions over the years where some butches seem to think straight women are the ultimate prize- which leads to a lot of sore feelings, particularly when you combine that with the invisibility issues.

Also, if you really want to know why straight people feel certain ways, I do think you need to ask them.

Welcome to the site Merlin, you seem like a nice person. We need to listen to you and understand you better and hopefully you will see some of the other points being raised here as well.
Im only invisible if I choose to be, I take myself seriously, when it counts most to me. People come to now this about me.
Im not an attention seeker, way to negative. I try not to invite negative in.Not saying that it doesnt happen. I've learned to show negative the way out. i dont feel that being a lesbian woman makes me a prize. im just me.

Intriguinglyours
intrigue_in916 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to intrigue_in916 For This Useful Post: