How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Not only a feminist but a radical feminist who has watched liberal feminism, intersectional feminism, and other forms of so called feminism dilute and derail the very meaning and essence of feminism.

I prefer a Trump who is perfectly clear on his misogyny. It is much easier to deal with and fight against.

I loath the likes of Obama who talked a good game and stabbed women in the back repeatedly. If you dont know what Obama did or refused to do to help women, research it.

The war on women has been going on for 10 years now. Who was POTUS for 8 of those 10 years? Trump? Nope.

Where has the female outrage been for the last 10 years? In the last 10 years we have seen astronomical increases in domestic violence and women killed by their husbands and boyfriends. We have seen the highest rates of rape and sexual assault, the fewest cases being prosecuted, and are back to putting the victims on trial. Women are losing financially at epic proportions. Our reproductive rights have been striped bare.

Women are still complaining about not receiving equal pay for equal work. The equal pay act was passed in 1963 - 54 years ago. Never enforced but it is on the books. Are you outraged over this?

Young women today do not even know what the ERA is all about. Ask one. The most common answer is era is a laundry detergent.

Young women today THINK they have equality. That's pretty freakin sad.

Feminism is something you live 24/7 365 days a year. Not just when it is convenient. Not just when your preferred candidate loses. Not just for those aspects that speak to you as an individual.

Thus far, the candidacy and election of Trump has increased the number of women who think they are feminists or who are at least toying with real feminism. THAT is a wonderful thing. Statistics and human behavior tells us this new found feminism will be short lived but maybe, just maybe it will awaken a few cuz this country needs real 24/7 feminists who understand what they are up against in the scheme of things.

I am trying to understand how someone can call themselves a feminist and smile as Trump takes the office of President of the US. However, I just can't. If you are saying that women need to be beaten over the head with the Trump/Pence/Republican House and Senate club in order to realize that they are oppressed, I think that's just stupid. It's like saying I should lop off my arm because I haven't been paying proper attention to the cut on my baby finger. It's overkill and not likely to end up being helpful at all.

I agree with much of what you have said about what Obama could have/should have done when in office. I was saddened by many of the choices he made. But there is a humongous difference between sad and devastated. What Donald Trump, and more realistically, Mike Pence, not to mention a Republican Senate and House will be able to do to women will be nothing short of devastation. Considering Supreme Court appointments are for life and that Trump will likely have the opportunity to appoint a couple of Justices, should the Republicans succeed in overturning Roe vs. Wade, it will be a long hard road back.

But even if it wasn't so, even if women were not a primary target of the Republicans and this Administration, there are many other oppressed groups who are. Are you saying they don't matter? Or are you saying it's a good thing, a thing worthy of a big smile, because Trump who is perfectly clear on his racism, homophobia, and xenophobia is much easier to deal with and fight against? It doesn't make sense when you said it about Trump's anti women agenda and it doesn't make sense here. Is it also easier to fight against a blatant attack on the Climate? Outward hostility against disabled people? I just don't get your logic.

The blight of women everywhere is a major issue. Feminism is the single most important issue to me. My energy, my heart, belongs to women. However, I do consider myself a humanist and there are many issues which matter deeply to me. And I see a connection between all oppression. I imagine that considering you dissed intersectional feminism in your post, that you do not find a focus on where related systems of oppression and discrimination intersect to be important to a feminist agenda. It sounds like you think intersectional feminism is not feminism. To me, that kind of thinking leads to purism, like a feminist version of white supremacy. Feminist supremacy.

I don't understand your need to share the fact that you are smiling over Trump's inauguration with people who you know are very worried, and rightly so, about how much damage he will do over the next 4 years, and how it will affect many of them personally. You get that this is something a troll would do, right? And since I know you're not a troll, what could your reason possibly have been? What would make you do this, here at BFP of all places?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: