View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #47
Mike
In Loving Memory and Many Thanks

Relationship Status:
connected, emotionally and physically

Thanked 2,456 Times in 416 Posts
Mike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST Reputation

I work in a scent free building, with that being said I have become more aware of smells, some set me off and I had no idea that in the past, when at a social fucntion, my headaches wheren't from hanging out to late but from the smells. Like many of you have said, If we can smell you when you come in the door, you may have to much on. Please dont get near me if you have lavendar on any part of your person, I dislike not being able to breath. Thanks

There are people who are sensitive to scents, and will become quite sickened, when they come into contact with your perfumes and fragrances. Please be considerate to anyone you know who is sensitive to certain smells when you are planning to spend time with them or are going to be in close proximity of them. Do not wear any colognes, musks, scented body lotions, hair products, etc. that are bothersome to them during these occasions.
Smells Invade Personal Air Space

Also, if you are going to be in any public places where you will be around people who you do not know please consider the possibility that such chemical scents emitting from your body may offend someone's sensitivities. Certain scents can bring about allergic reactions, asthma attacks, trigger migraines and headaches, or nausea in people who have multiple chemical sensitivity. The inhalation of some chemical fumes from scented products, including air fresheners, can be just as problematic for some people as secondhand smoke, if not more harmful.
Places to Avoid Wearing Colognes and Perfumes
  • Public Transportation: buses, subways, airplanes
  • Shared Commutes: taxis, carpools, etc.
  • Shopping: supermarkets, indoor malls, restaurants and taverns
  • Entertainment Venues: movie theaters, concerts, sports arenas
  • Waiting Rooms: hospitals, doctor's offices, DMV, courtrooms, etc.
  • Tourist Spots: museums, visitor centers, etc.
  • Workplace: convention halls, confined office and work spaces, etc.