Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
I'm confused about you being opposed to wind farms in the Atlantic coastal waters. Why are you opposed? IF one of them breaks and falls down, there is no oil spilled, there is no environmental impact to the fisheries.

The one drawback I can see to windmills is the pretty view from billion dollar homes might not be so pretty...........
If it was only the views....life would be so much simpler.

In a nut shell, I believe the oceans were created in specific ways to do specific things, for specific reasons.

I dont think mankind has the right to exploit natural resources for financial gain especially when the risks of doing so are not known in their entirety. Governmental reviews and such are not, to me, anything to be trusted when a financial gain is a stake.

Simple physics shows that you cannot submerge tons of concrete bases without changing the dispersion of water. Hence you simply hasten erosion of the coastline. Think of a glass of water half full, then add ice...what happens?

Current wind technology is best for 20-30 mile winds, and designed to shut down when the wind is higher in order to protect the equipment. You dont need to stick 250 foot towers in the ocean floor to harness 20-30 mile winds.

I am not convinced that these towers will not affect marine life. Much like builders like to say knocking down forests to build homes doesnt disturb the wildlife who lives in them....we know thats bull hockey.

So, its not about views and it ticked me off a bit to hear that being said.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: