Beloved

How Do You Identify?:
alive
Preferred Pronoun?:
um
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,653 Times in 298 Posts
Beloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well I am divorced. Twice. Yeah, not so proud of that. Anyway....

The first time I got married I was young, 22. He gave me a diamond engagement ring that wasn't really my style. But our wedding rings were his paternal grandparents rings and that meant a lot to me because I absolutely adored his grandmother. The marriage ended because he became a heroin addict and would not get treatment. I was really in love with him and often wonder if it would have worked out if he didn't become an addict. I had gotten back in touch with him a few months ago. He has been clean for only 2 years. He was a heroin addict for a good 15 years and I am shocked he is still alive.

The second time, I didn't really want to get married. My parents were very upset that I was going to have a child out of wedlock so we just had a civil ceremony in our dining room with a justice of the peace. We had plain gold bands but I really never wore mine. This marriage shouldn't have ever happened and I should not have succumbed to my parents pressure and desire for approval.

I would like to get married again someday. I believe in commitment.

My favorite style of ring is filigree. It can be new or antique. In the future that is what I would really want.

This isn't filigree but still gorgeous...from brillianearth.com

http://www.brilliantearth.com/Adorne...tting_tab=true
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beloved For This Useful Post: