View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #62
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Before I die...
I want to see this country change the way it cares for, and treats, the most vulnerable among us; the elderly, the poor, the mentally ill, the developmentally disabled. I would like to see our entire system of elder care overhauled, so that all people can live out their lives in an environment of dignity, love, care, and acceptance. I want better access to FREE treatment for the mentally ill. I want the poor not to be looked at as a "burden" on our society, but looked at with compassion and the knowledge that many of us could join that community but for one twist of fate. I want the developmentally disabled to be viewed not by what they can't do, but by what they can, and to be celebrated for it, instead of being looked upon as "different."

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post: