View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #32
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBlonde View Post
What makes it romantic and chivalrous is the fact that not everyone does do it. In fact a lot of people dont do it. It says something about a person that treats me and others like that all the time. It says they care and are caring. It also says they care enough to make me feel special and make me feel safe and protected. Everything doesnt have to be a grand gesture. It's the little things that count too but to say that opening doors and walking on the outside of the sidewalk is not romantic and chivalrous is in itself an unromantic comment.
Let me clarify please; You're saying believing that good manners is everyday, normal behaviour and not chivalrous is being unromantic?

I'll own that!

I prefer to treat all the folks around me in that courteous, polite way. It's part of my personal code of ethics and I understand that not everyone thinks such behaviour to be the norm. Maybe it's a generational thing?
I can do plenty of other things that make a women feel special, protected and thoroughly 'romanticated'.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: