View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 06:32 AM   #8
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,173 Times in 3,023 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I met Cyndi Lauper, twice. First time we shook hands and I handed her a letter I had written her about how influential she had been for me in my youth. The second time, I (and many others, including my daughter) were invited to dance on stage with her for one song at an outdoor show. My legs were shaking, I was so nervous and excited! I have a picture of it that someone from the crowd took and I treasure it.

I met Alice Walker, in Harlem, at a book reading. We shook hands. I cried.

I have spent time with Leslie Fienberg and Minnie Bruce Pratt (famous in our circles!) First we were emailing as I was trying to arrange them to come to a talk at my college. Then I saw them at Pride in NYC and introduced myself and Leslie said, right in front of everyone "I just emailed you this morning!" and that made me feel very important. Mind you, this was in the early 90s when email was not a constant form of communication, so it was even more special. I arranged the talk and got to spend a brief time with them before and after the talk, as well as having the honor of introducing Leslie before the talk.

I met Rachel Ray. That was weird. She was with her husband, who was really weird. His band was opening for my friends band.

I have met, and trained with, Dr. Andrew Weil and Deepak Chopera.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: