Old 06-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #207
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Default New books!

I like giving and reading book reviews in this cozy little book club of our on the Planet. My thanks to you who give book reviews! I finally finished Anne River Siddons Off Season and found it to be better than good! I always like her books. They are what I call "women's books": not chicklit, not romances (in the Harlequin sense) but well-written books for women who have lived a bit. They always make me think, and the ending on this one will have me considering its ramifications for a while. Then I moved on to listening to Life Laid Bare:The Survivors in Rwanda Speak. This book presents 14 Tutsi survivors accounts of the 1994 Hutu genocide of the Tutsis in Rwanda. This will be a book that I will have to listen to in small amounts. Aside from being extremely graphic, it presents the survivors thoughts on WHY the genocide happened, how it changed forever their views of life and death, and how they live now. Most so far seem to have found no reason for why it happened and speak disparaging of the views put forth by sociologists. It happened; that is all one can say. I'd love to discuss this book with someone else. May I put it forth as as the first book for our emerging Book Club? Then I found EXACTLY the right book for my life now: Rightsizing Your Life by Cigi Ware. This book is giving me hope that I CAN change my life! That, nomatter that I am ill, I do have resources upon which and whom I can draw! Thank you, Ms. Ware! Happy reading, all!!!
Namaste,
LadyWu