View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 12:01 AM   #35
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
Yes, I’m slightly addicted.

I made a nice Boston butt with potatoes and fresh green beans for dinner last night. I used the sauté feature to sear the meat first. Very cool not having to dirty an extra pan!

Would love to hear back on how much y’all trust your instant pot. We had an appointment right after my honey got home and I wanted to try the delay start feature but I was concerned. I trust my crock pot completely and would love the same reassurance from my instant pot!
The delay start feature is wonderful, and has always gone off as scheduled. I really like that feature for when I am not home...it allows a natural pressure release (I subtract a few minutes of cook time), and the pot keeps food on the warming feature so it is ready when I get home.

***one thing I have found that is very messy in the pot is a white cream sauce. If you make something with a thick sauce, it is best for it to have a complete NATURAL release so you don’t have spray everywhere, and a blocked release valve. Live and learn
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: