Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my scorpion boo bear.

Thanked 32,013 Times in 9,950 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Thank you for all your well wishes.

The boy and I are both feeling a little better. My friend/assistant has no symptoms except for feeling very tired. Hopefully that is all she will experience.

The boy's doctor told him that the severity of his symptoms is unlikely to get worse - that however a person experiences Covid symptoms, they are unlikely to add on more symptoms later. Has anyone else ever heard anything like this? (I have been living in fear that any day I will wake up unable to breathe.)
I can relate to your fear of waking up not being able to breathe. Last fall, beginning of October, I came down ill with something that was brutal. I couldn't breathe, was stuffed/clogged up and had a deep chest-like cough, that sent me to the ER so I could find out what my situation might be. They said I had a serious virus type illness, and I was real sick for about two to three weeks. I couldn't breathe and my body hurt terribly. I got over it by month three, right at the top of the year when we all learned about Covid-19. And since this last winter, early spring, as I have read about other's symptoms, I often wonder if I did have a case of it (as an after-thought). I just read a news story over on CNN that said now medical experts/scientists think that Covid-19 was actually transpiring across the country last fall, earlier than they thought at first.

But, interestingly enough, I've had several serious medical appts that were once post-poned, then late summer all of them booked me in, but I had to have a negative covid-test and be symptom free, to be able to be seen and treated for medical issues (sleep test, cardio-pulmonary tests. skin cancer type tests). Every covid-test I took, all of them came back negative, and I have had no symptoms that would disqualify me from getting medical tests done that could not be put off due to the pandemic. So tricky, how it all eventually went down, the timing of the appts and the extra testing to verify that I am covid-free. Scary too.

So, I don't know if sharing my experience gives some sort of explanation as to whether symptoms get worse, once you have them (if that is what you were inquiring about), but back last fall it was pretty serious, it happened rather fast, and at it's worst, two weeks into being sick, it finally turned a corner and I began to steadily recover. The process to feeling better took time, so I agree with Sister Ocean that "time" is certainly something of importance (length of illness to time-line of recovery, etc).

Keeping a candle lit for you and others in the community whose lives have been touched by this serious illness.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: