View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #66
Viola
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
AKA - Una (troll)

Viola Has the BEST ReputationViola Has the BEST ReputationViola Has the BEST ReputationViola Has the BEST ReputationViola Has the BEST ReputationViola Has the BEST ReputationViola Has the BEST ReputationViola Has the BEST ReputationViola Has the BEST ReputationViola Has the BEST ReputationViola Has the BEST Reputation
Default insurance and batteries

Oh now I understand more - thank you for looking this up...

Batteries are expensive, not sure much but I wonder if batteries will be covered under this obama care, even though I'm not fully agreeing with obama care cause I've heard night mares that has happen in other countries with health care like long waits,

will the batteries be cover under the obama care? what are your thoughts about this.

so then cochlear is for further deaf 90 db and more., now I understand, I guess I could had look it up not sure why I just rush and put it here.

how come the insurance now doesn't cover batteries for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonK View Post
I looked at the link above me.

Watched the video.

Googled it.

Here is the difference:

The Esteem® is fully implantable. The Esteem® is the only fully implantable device for the alleviation of sensorineural hearing loss that does not use a microphone, giving its recipients invisible hearing.

AND

A cochlear implant is an inner ear implant and the Esteem® is a middle ear implant. They address different degrees of hearing loss. A cochlear implant is for the profoundly deaf (greater than 90+ dB of loss). The Esteem® is indicated for moderate to severe hearing loss (40dB to 90dB).

However,

Esteem®’s maintenance-free battery lasts 4.5 to 9 years, depending on use. Once it is depleted, the battery is replaced in a minor outpatient surgical operation. Changing batteries every two weeks and laborious charging are things of the past.

And it costs $30,000. And that minor outpatient... Not quite sure on how much that.

Now, my BTE isn't cheap. I paid $2500 for it. The one I need now is $3500. I'm aware NONE of this is cheap. The above site mentions that battery changes are every couple of days for BTEs, etc. Those must be some crappy batteries in my opinion. I just bought 2 double pack of 12s I think. I can expect ONE pack to last at least a month. Usually longer. My hearing aid...I've had this one since 2004. Before that, there were 2 others. So 3 in 30 years!

Batteries cost a shitload. Maintenance can cost a shitload. Take care of 'em. You won't need it so much.

Ain't worth it to me.

http://www.envoymedical.com/cost-of-the-esteem
http://www.envoymedical.com/get-informed
Viola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viola For This Useful Post: