Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentfemme View Post
Hey everyone, hope you don't mind my hopping on this thread with a question:

Does anyone know the origin of hy/hym pronouns?

The spelling doesn't have anything to do with "womyn," does it?

I've only seen these terms online, so I was also wondering if anyone uses them irl/how to pronounce them if so.

Thanks!
hey ardentfemme. Great question. I will chime in on what they mean to me....hy is pronounced same as "he" as is hys..same as hys...and hyr same as her. I use them spelled that way as I am a woman identified butch, masculine of center. I don't want typical male pronouns to refer to myself. I am female but identify MOC (masculine of center) which is in no way meaning "male" to me.'

For me, it is a female version/spelling of my own identity and pronouns. I also prefer boi meaning boy and pronounced exactly like boy. I have also seen her spelled "hir" I am uncertain as to origin of any of these.....so hope I at least c larified some of it for you...

Have a great weekend....clay