View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 08:35 PM   #27853
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Sweet! I can't wait to see what you think.

I'm not picky about my greens. I like to mix them up although I think arugula works especially well for this salad. Some recipes call for jalapeno and mint but I find that I can do without the mint if I don't have any on hand and if I use mild jalapenos, it adds tartness and a mild punch of flavor without burning my taste buds. I like my watermelon cut into small bits and/or cubes and my feta crumbled. I put a little of the jalapeno juice in as well as a dash of balsamic vinaigrette and some of the watermelon's juice because I don't like 'dry' salads. Mix that up and let it marinate for about 10 minutes and I'm a happy camper.

Tonight, I had green apples with peanut butter.
It was excellent! I cut the watermelon into small cubes, added fresh ribboned basil, thin sliced red onion, slivered almonds I roasted under the broiler and some ground pink Himalayan salt. Mixed. Refrigerated for about 20 minutes. So good! Much appreciation for bringing watermelon salad to my attention.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post: