Thread: Family drama
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 08:05 PM   #3
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It's never a good idea to ask family members to choose sides...would you choose your brother over your partner if he asked you to dump them? Chances are, no one wins in that situation!

But...if your partner is important to you, you don't want to ignore the disrespect, right?

What i would do (notice i said i), is sit down with your brother and his wife and let them know that you will not tolerate disrespect towards your partner. Let them know that should the disrespect continue, you will have no choice but to visit your family at times that they will not be around. You don't want to lose contact with your brother and nephews, and chances are he doesn't want to lose contact with you either.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: