View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #49
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post
Please allow me to sidetrack this thread for a moment with a bit of fretting and perhaps a touch of whining:

I haven't two-stepped (or danced regularly) in years, so when a friend needed to borrow my dancing boots years ago, I gave her mine and decided to let her keep them since I was never wearing them.

Now I start two-stepping again on Thursday and realized that I have nothing even remotely resembling good dancing shoes, no budget to buy some good dancing boots, and no place around here to buy some anyway (I have wide flat feet and it's almost impossible for me to buy shoes online without trying them on first).

Now I'm fretting about what to wear: Sneakers just don't cut it for two-stepping - too sticky. The shoes that I do have that would have the right sole wouldn't necessarily stay on well enough for dancing backwards and in heels.

Whaaa whaaa whaaaaaaaaaaa. What to do, what to do...

[/whiningaboutfirstworldproblem]
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Well, since nobody else replied as yet I can suggest just coating the heck out of the soles of your shoes with dance wax before stepping on the floor. I've had success with this method for at at least a dance or two when I've been someplace w/out my leather soled cowboy boots.... provided dance wax is available where you will be dancing (often scattered in the corner of the floor -- kinda looks like sawdust).

Good luck!
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post: