View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #51
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

The lessons are in someone's basement so the chance of dance wax being available are slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Is this a local friend you could borrow the shoes back from temporarily?

Do you have an in-between shoe that would work if waxed as suggested?
Nah, friend is in Philadelphia and I'm pretty sure that the boots were eaten by a dog at some point.

My only leather-soled shoes that might actually stay on my feet are quite dressy, and not entirely broken in. I may have to find a way to go shoe shopping today - I don't really have the budget but if I recategorize this from "entertainment/fun" into the same budget category as "medical/therapy," I could possibly justify it - especially if instead of buying cowboy boots I buy some shoes that could do double-time as work shoes. That makes sense and is completely justified, right?!?

What I'm REALLY thankful for is knowing that some people will be reading this who GET that you sometimes just need the right dancing shoes, AND who will get that it's very rational to categorize dance expenses as therapy.
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post: