Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I had a choice of an EMDR therapist or a CBT one and i went with the one i had heard of.

I like my CBT therapist and i want to keep seeing her but i need her to lay off on me changing jobs.

She feels like my acceptance of homophobia at my job is a symptom of my trauma, but i kind of feel like her viewpoint is a little straight-privileged.

Like there are not enough non-homophobic jobs for every queer person to have one, I'm sorry. Homophobic workplaces are a daily reality for tons of us. I need her to help me live with that in a damage-controlled way. I do not need the victim-blaming that says my staying at my job is part of my illness.

Like, there are only 22 jobs in my field in the entire state. Only 16 of them are local to me. Only five of those are within sight of my level of experience, and all five of those would require pay cuts of 25-30%

Like, i am looking! I look every day! But it could be years before there is an appropriate opening for which i am the best candidate.

That is not me participating in my own trauma, that is me trying not to waste the very expensive education i am still paying for while existing in fucking Texas