femmsational

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitch, but she will do
Relationship Status:
Spoiled beyond rotten!

Thanked 3,788 Times in 773 Posts
femmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputationfemmsational Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
Would you mind explaining to us how to safely remove protective gear? Do you dispose of it? How? Can you wash it?

Handling things others have touched makes my skin crawl. (During these super cootie days) think about it.... fast food ... groceries ... magazines in offices...ewwww.

This is enough to make you get your zombie apocalypse gear ready.

Sorry I missed this.

It's a detailed process that I don't feel comfortable trying to explain on a website. I'll try to tell you the best I can but don't quote me on it or rely on it. The bottom line is you have to remember that the pathogen is alive. So you have to kill it.

When I was dealing with the horses, I had a quarantine area, a room to put on the equipment and a separate room to remove it. We worked in twos at the minimum. I had buckets of bleach that we stepped in when coming out of the quarantine area and buckets to dunk our gloves into. I also had a stack of those thick gauze bandages soaking in a vat of bleach.

So what we did was coming out of the quarantine area we put our bagged feet into the buckets on the floor. We took the bags off our feet as we stepped out. then dunked our gloved hands in the hand bleach buckets. Then we had our buddy hand us a bleach soaked gauze to remove one glove and it was removed by placing the bleached gauze around the top lip of the glove and pulling it inside out. Then it was placed it in a lined bucket. Repeat. Buddy hand another bleached gauze to remove the second glove. Removed it so it was inside out. After all that I had people sprayed down with a 50/50 mix of bleach and water.

To dispose I got an approved container and burned it FAR away from the horses.

There are going to be significant differences in how this needs to be handled such as masks, suits and the importance of not having exposure to skin especially if there are cuts or scrapes. I'm almost positive that what happened with the nurse is that she removed gloves and without thinking reached up to remove her mask and somehow infected herself. Sad.

For the most part the problem won't be with the putting on of the stuff. People who are scared are going to suit up. It's remembering to stay alert while taking it off.

There doesn't need to be panic but there sure as hell needs to be honesty and education.

And if we think we can control this by trusting other people to be honest with us we're crazy.

LOL, I must sound like a crazy person. Sorry.

Yes, I'm aware I can't spell, and no, I don't care quite enough to spell check. Sorry!!!
femmsational is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to femmsational For This Useful Post: