Old 10-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #11
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Good question.

I tend to be one of those that sees this type of interaction (online) for what it is. When i see two peeps get all googoo, i don't really get all teary eyed at the beginning and go buy a wedding gift, immediately. I tend to think it's sweet, but i feel they are just dating. Dating is needed. It's a good thing. It's just a journey, a dance. It may work, it may not. Such is real life as well, but we can tell if it's going to work or not way quicker if the person you are interested in lives down the street.

Countering that, i believe when two people do breakup, it's just that they didn't jive. Doesn't mean one is a demon and run in circles saying "OMG what happened". It's just more televised, so to speak, because we are involved by seeing these things unfold right before our eyes sometimes.

I think we do ok. I don't think we are over zealous or more naive than any other group of people. I think the gay/queer community, especially, deals the best we can online.

I do not think that makes us dream seekers or u-haul addicts any more than it would straight people if these were the only means that many of them could meet each other. I believe they would do it the same.

I just think we get a bad wrap online. I think we do pretty darn good. So, i guess to answer your question, no. I think since many of us are positive people, we may see all of our relationships, romantic or not, as successful. Being online just takes a little longer to figure out...that's the only diff i see.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: