Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Winter weather has kept me from going to my favorite bookstore or library to check out alternate reading materials, so I am here to say that I am still reading from a couple of books I spoke about last time.

I read "Dancing with Embers" and "Written On the Sky" but was touched more by the former book of poetry than the previous book of poetry.

My interest in the Mary Wollenstonecraft Shelley "The Annotated Frankenstein" bored me to tears, sadly. I think I'll ask a few more questions about works like this, next time I visit the library.

On the other hand, I find the book of poetry (The Poems of Li Ho) rich with dense history not only about Li Ho, but about cultural impacts during the life and times of Li Ho. It's not a very big book of poetry but what makes it hard to just read for leisure is that editor David Hawkes painstakingly provides footnotes about people or places or things or even highly-regarded cultural notions upheld and revered by members of society, back in his lifetime. So, what I'm trying to say is that a person can't just read the poetry for sheer pleasure without reading a commingling of other ideas which, at times, can puncture what seems like a complete picture. So I'm still wading with poetry by Li Ho.

I am wait-listed for a book I placed on hold, weeks ago.
I imagine it will be available some time in March, maybe early April.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: