View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by guihong View Post
If you don't have one, pick up a George Foreman grill. There is a small size, for singles.
I have a Cuisinart grill and it rocks - works a lot better than the Foreman that I had before, in that it gets a lot hotter (so it can put a real sear on meat) and the plates are removable and interchangeable. I just saw that the newest model has flat plates, ridged ones for meats, AND waffle plates!

Quote:
What I like is to buy a bag or package of chicken breasts, then grill just one, then maybe add a topping or just have it plain with some vegetables. It's also good for small steaks or chops.
I've been buying pre-packaged chicken breasts at BJs, but they're a serving for 3-4 in a package. But still that would fit with trying to cook in advance, and I could find enough stuff to do with one small package in a week.

Quote:
I also use my crockpot quite a bit, then divide up a huge bowl of stew or sauce and freeze.
I'm going to have to read more about using the crockpot for one person. Mine is big, so it just doesn't seem to fit for me to do that.

Thanks for the ideas!
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post: