Old 10-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I often cook in quantity, too. I, like some of you, live alone. I have also learned to not waste food and after a few days of eating the same meal, I freeze in either containers or freezer bags.

I do make good use of my crockpot, but mine has 3 inter-changable ceramic crocks. It came with a 2, 4 and 6 quart and I have no problem putting in simple ingredients and freezing what I don't use.

I also have a toaster oven, so I can only bake or broil so much in it. It makes planning meals easier by knowing I can't cram the world into the oven.

I don't think there is anything wrong with cooking meals for more than one night as long as you don't mind leftovers or freezing for future meals. Makes better sense and is much cheaper than buying microwaveable meals from the freezer section of a grocery store.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post: