Old 04-03-2015, 03:14 PM   #188
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Different perspectives render different analysis.

To me, the gist of this article was how this woman discovered that when she "posed as a male" she had a totally different experience than that which she had as a woman.

Being perceived as a male, her opinion counted more, she was validated, she was heard and seen.

As a woman, her experience was to be ignored, insulted, dismissed, and devalued.

To me, this is sexism and misogyny in action. It is where perceived sex leads to a different experience and a different sense of importance.

Feminism is about women being empowered because they are women. It is about their presence, their opinions, their views are valuable simply because they are valued as a people within society.

The empowement this woman felt didnt come from being seen as and appreciated as a female. The empowerment came from being perceived as and validated as a male. Not the same thing.

I wasn't saying anything about what the article was about. It was clearly about misogyny and sexism. This is why I said "misogyny and sexism...which of course is what the article was about".

I was making comment on how I felt the woman viewed herself...that it didn't knock her down any.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: