How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

What's on my mind this morning is the upcoming election. Quelle surprise!

I was reading an article in The Hill about how Biden has a ten point lead on Trump. Information which I find very encouraging. But then the article goes on to say that "Biden leads Trump 54 percent to 44 percent in a head-to-head match-up, but his lead drops to 49 percent to 43 percent when the Libertarian and Green Party candidates are included." Then it goes on to note that Trump's overall approval is at a fairly steady 44 percent. Also important information is that the majority of voters, 52 percent (who are these fucking idiots?) continue to approve of Trump's handling of the economy. "More supporters of Trump say they are strongly enthusiastic about their candidate than supporters of Biden by 20 points. However, 59 percent of non-Trump supporters say Trump's reelection would be a crisis for the country versus 50 percent of non-Biden supporters who said a Biden victory would be a crisis." Seriously? How can sane people in numbers like 50 percent think like that? This feels like it will be a close race that will go down to the wire therefore subject to vote tampering and other shenanigans. I would be a lot more comfortable if the general population would show a degree of intelligence and an ability for critical thought, regardless of the reality that they have never even shown any indication that they possess that ability in the past. I was hoping everyone could sense danger and respond accordingly. But it seems many think very differently. 52 percent of the voters, not of Trump supporters, but of voters think Trump has done a good job with the economy. It's pretty disheartening.

Maybe everyone should mail in their vote and then go and vote in person at the polls. Then they can say their president told them to.

Here's the article. It's fairly good news I guess. It's just that I'm afraid in order to win the election considering everything that is stacked against the democratic candidate and the expertise the Republicans have at cheating, making it difficult for dems to vote and outright voter intimidation and the new ways they have come up with screwing with mail in ballots we need to win by a huge margin. We need a win that can't be denied. I just feel that not enough of the general population feel the sense of urgency that I do and that waaay too many people find Trump acceptable. It's very scary to me. I feel maybe I'm living in a bubble surrounded by like minded people and I just don't realize how many supporters Trump actually has. And that even if someone doesn't support Trump exactly, they just don't care enough to vote him out of office. Hopefully this isn't so. This is not the time for apathy. But I can't make that mean anything to someone if it just doesn't register for them.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...ead-over-trump
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote