View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 09:46 PM   #10
Hominid

How Do You Identify?:
Male with interesting historical perspective
Relationship Status:
Taking Applications

Hominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
The brokerage houses should be easy, but watch out on retitling retirement holdings, some of those can be picky (IRS-wise).

Other than that I bet you get 90% done in a month, 98% within the year. It'll just be weird little things after that. I hadn't thought of degrees though, guess I'm glad I went to college later in life.
I found the key to financial stuff was getting my birth certificate changed ASAP - that allowed me to change my SS card, which was required for my driver's license (in Mass). Changing the birth certificate is dependent on where you were born; oddly enough, I was born abroad (pun intended), and mine issued by the State Department - had it changed extremely quickly under the Bush Administration (signed by Condoleeza Rice!) - I have to say I was surprised at the ease. A copy of old certificate, a doctor's letter with a few key phrases - and the name change form you can download.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hominid For This Useful Post: