Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #226
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
You know, for years I have looked at these "crush" threads and had the same thoughts.

1) I have never had a crush

2) I am not sure I know what a crush is.

I am thinking that maybe the definition of crush is "sort of" liking somebody?

That doesn't happen to me. I like a person, I never "sort of" like a person.

Maybe someone can explain it to me?

I suppose I might sometimes "think" I like a person. Like I could say to myself, "I think I like this person". Is that a crush?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Ok, well, that is rather simple. For some reason I assumed it more complicated than that. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
I don't have a hard and fast definition of "crush." I do know if I find myself thinking of them, enjoy talking with them, spending time with them, I may have a crush on them. For me, "crush" does not mean I am interested in a romance or sexual liaison. It can, but not necessarily.

I'm fortunate, I still crush on my girlfriend. She holds my interest and even better the crush is mutual.
For me, it's the initial woozy warm 'n fuzzy you get with someone in the verrrry beginning of the relationship. Kind of like what Belle is saying. The butterflies in the tummy when you see an email from them or the unconscious smile that plays across your face when you read a post of theirs or the seed of the 'what if' game. What if s/he/y is single and knows I exist, etc.

Remember when we were kids and passed the note that said, "If you like me, check yes or no"? It's like that feeling you had right before you found out what his/her choice was and then, if it was yes, there was an additional burst of warm 'n fuzzy and you crushes a bit more.

Crushes can be nice. That little thrill in the tum tum does it for me. Or it used to. Nowadays, I'm fresh out of crushes.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: