View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #37
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes I'm really surprised that the online gay community can be so uncompromising and unforgiving and narrow minded about some things. (not necessarily right now, or in this moment, but in general) I consider myself to be Butch with some very masculine leanings, however, I've never felt inclined to adopt male pronouns.

I have taken butch lovers in the past and never felt strange about it, in fact, I remember it as being very natural and comforting, and above all, there was more than love, there was also camaraderie. An instinctual sharing and pairing of ..what? the soul? the intellect? something. I loved identifying with someone on so many levels and thinking about how hot they looked in my shirt or wearing my jacket.

I have taken femme lovers in the past and never felt strange about it either, in fact, in many ways, it was like falling into a "norm" of sorts. You know, of how things are "supposed to be". An expected pairing like "mom and dad". I don't have a preference towards butch and femme as a dynamic anymore than I have a preference for butch on butch.

I've never been femme enough to be able to examine a femme on femme relationship. I'm relieved about that in a way that only a butch could understand.

I'm fine with saying I'm a mother and have children. I'm currently married to a woman who refuses to accept labels and titles and expectations of how she should act/react/interact. I love that about her. It doesn't threaten my own perceptions of who/what I am. I love that we are exclusive in our relationship and that it could take until the end of time to discover everything we want to know about each other.