Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Ahh! Thank you! I hadn't paid much attention to the weather in the last few days. I have a program called EarthDesk that shows you a map of the Earth (in whatever projection you like) as your desktop background with near-real-time satellite updates of cloud patterns so it's actually rather useful for tracking storms. I usually run it during hurricane season and had forgotten to turn it on. Thanks all for explaining and reminding me to run it so I can keep track of what this storm is doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
There's a storm developing south of Jamaica that could become a tropical depression or storm and then might move up in to the gulf. It's too early to tell what it will be or where it will go - north to the gulf or west to Mexico.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
Dread - I believe what Andrew is refering to is a tropical storm developing around Yucatan. The Weather Channel has been giving updates every hour for the last 2 days. The concern is if the depression develops into a tropical storm or upgrades to a hurricane it would be a devistating mess to the coastline due to the oil spillage.

Rufus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
There is a tropical storm in the Caribbean. It may make it to where the BP leak is at. I am not sure of who is running the show there now - The Coast Guard or BP or Fed. Gov't. What happens if a tropical storm hits it?

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote