Old 06-04-2019, 06:21 AM   #180
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDyke View Post
I admit i have shut down. I dont feel like getting invested in a relationship anymore. One month, 3years, 20 years. Nothing lasts. It is only a matter of time before it ends. Or you have to be highly tolerant.

Not saying this is this way for everyone. Kudos to those who have found a way to make it work. It is just no longer a thing for me. Relationships that is
I understand this feeling. While I've had great experiences with a very few wonderful people over the course of my life, most of my choices have not been wise. I got my mother's 'picker' I suppose. She was in a race with Liz Taylor to see who could marry the most before they passed. She was close, too.

I tend to go all in once I feel the relationship is solid and that's just not smart emotionally, psychologically and most definitely financially. Not with the people I choose. I lose my individuality and self and common sense too.

So, romantic relationships are no longer for me. When I was mulling it over...whether to 'keep trying' and 'putting myself out there'...I thought I'd be sad but I'm not. I'm content with the decision.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: