View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #1047
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Yes, I guess I was thinking of it as a way to move towards using a unicycle.

Kim PMmed me and said she will get her brother's info.
I don't think it's a case of moving towards using a unicycle. When you take the seat stabiliser away and the front stabilisers it's a vastly different story. Of course the ones in the videos aren't unicycles.

The way I started to learn on the uni, was in my hallway at home, holding onto walls, door jambs etc., just to get the feel of being unbalanced in every direction and learn how to sit in the seat. Seriously, learning to just let yourself relax into the banana seat is a skill in itself. I still can't mount the uni without holding onto something...I'm a wuss and can't quite let myself do a free-mount with the inherent risk of face-planting hard, or ripping the skin of yer shins if you have metal pegged pedals. ...although I do a free-mount when doing rola bola and that's really scary too.

Now we've moved into the shop and have space outside, I shall be practicing again the small 20in wheel (when time allows) with a view to moving onto the 24in wheel again. One day (when I've bought full shin pads and a bubble wrap suit ) I'm gonna learn that free-mount.

My 20 and 24

eta. ooops! sorry for the big pic.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: