Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,013 Times in 9,950 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Thanksgiving Holiday (November 2018) Update

I recently had an doctor visit to follow-up on another blood sugar fasting lab draw and the news was not entirely good, but good in the way that at least my blood sugar has not exponentially sky rocketed. Instead of being at the coveted status of less than 5.7, I came in at 5.8, which led my doctor to reinstitute the interventional use of Glipizide, to help stabilize my body's way of not being able to fend off an diabetic trajectory. So, for another six months, I will take half a tablet twice a day and keep working on mobility impacts I face, because I cannot bicycle 22 miles a day anymore, much less walk for more than half an hour (etc). I keep at it though.

Since last March (of this year), when I radically changed my behavioral choice of food intake and implemented a strict plant based diet, I have lost over 60 pounds. Not bad, right? Especially since I cannot exercise at levels I was previously accustomed to doing. But I will get there, even if it takes time and tremendous, painstaking energy.

My meal for today is exceptionally untraditional. LOL.

Today, I made a 'cheese' sandwich on two slices of gluten-free bread (I can only have this type of bread, rarely, anymore). The 'cheese' I used was by Field Roast: Regular Creamy and Tomato (which is very zesty). I also used an veggie burger-like patty, too. To drink: I have a bottle of L'Orange Perrier Mineral Water, a cup of decaf coffee with NON-dairy creamer and two packets of Truvia (stevia sweetener). And a quart of clean water, to drink.

In other health related news: I finally was able to hire an SS Disability attorney, after she looked at specific health documentation I have on record. My attorney feels that we have a chance to win on an disability appeal in January, but I won't be discouraged if I am not approved for SS Disability. I won't invest all my time in effort trying to secure this type of economic reprieve, because at least one physician sitting on my health care case feels I can handle part time work placement, which I will vigorously pursue. My goal is to be employed by Spring of 2019. To wit, I am actually vying for an government job (Census Bureau). I hope I am hired for this particular job, but if not, I am sure the perfect job awaits me in the near future.

I am wishing everyone a beautiful day of holiday celebrations.

Happy Thanksgiving
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: