Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
First of all, Gráinne, it is so good to see you here on BFP! It feels like it has been a long while.

I'm glad you're getting police at your store. Maybe it will make some people at least give a second thought before they act out. And maybe they can at least protect the employees.

I think the same kind of thing is happening with the news now that happened with 9/11. People hear about COVID-19 on the news and on TV over and over and over, and it just makes them more paranoid. I noticed when I was looking for something to watch on Netflix the other day that "Pandemic", the docuseries, was in the top 10 shows for that day. "Outbreak", the movie, was also in the top 10. It's like people just keep feeding it to themselves.

I admit, I'm guilty of that too. For awhile, I was listening to "NPR News Now" and the "BBC News" every hour on the hour. I am now limiting myself to one hour and five minutes of news a day: a half hour of "BBC News" and the half-hour show "Marketplace" the financial news, and one five-minute episode of "NPR News Now".

Stay healthy, Gráinne. It is really good of you to do some shopping for the elderly people you know. I wish I could convince my 80-year-old mother to stay out of the Kroger - my sister would do any shopping she needs - but she has her habits and the onset of dementia has begun, which keeps her from remembering what the fuss is all about.
I know I'm on sporadically but this is a favorite site .

And I hear you about the news. Between the virus, the election, and impeachment earlier, I had to say "Enough". I want important information from reliable sources, but I limit myself for my own peace of mind.

Stay well