Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Thanks Dapper for that documentary recommendation! That's an really good documentary. I highly recommend watching it too!

Here's an supplemental Huffington Post article on why eating an plant based diet can save your life and reduce your health care costs (see link below).

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/861672

Title of article:

Forks Over Knives: How An Plant-based Diet Can Save America (July 13, 2011).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
While the proverbial jury is still out on giving plant based diets the full stamp of approval, there is strong indicators of proof that plant based diets will not only improve your overall health, but if you have pre-diabetes issues associated with blood sugar levels and how your body produces and uses its own natural insulin, then this article will give you an better understanding of why changing your normal food choices to an Plant Based Diet, could save your life.

I radically changed my diet to be top heavy on Plant Based foods, which in turn has allowed my bodily processes to self correct in natural ways. I am on an medically supervised diet as prescribed by my primary physician. As well as switching to an plant based diet, I continue to lose weight, my heart function improves and before too long, I won't need experimental medication to aid in correcting my blood sugar issues .

Bonus info to other medically endorsed studies discussing Plant Based Diets is included in this scholarly article.

Title of Medscape article:

Vegan Diet Rapidly Improves Type II Diabetes Markers In Adults (Jenkins, K., February 26, 2018).

LINK: www.medscape.com/viewarticle/893125
Since early March of this year (2018), I began to transition to an all plant based diet because of the capacity for plant based diets to reduce and/or correct my bodies' capacity to produce its own insulin and to aid in the recovery of my health.

Since March, I have slowly weaned myself from eating animal based products.

I do not regret choosing to become vegan.

It's the best decision I've made and it's one of the best outcomes I could ever imagine.

For me, it's not about weight loss. It's about NOT becoming diabetic.

I visit my primary doctor next week to continue tracking my progress. If my blood labs come back with data proving that my commitment to not eat foods that spur diabetic outcomes, and proves that I won't need medication intervention, then I will have won an very important battle in saving my own life by sheer will and self determination.

Here is what I feel is the best documentary, which argues effectively for renouncing animal based diets and investing in an Vegan Plant Based Dietary Lifestyle : Forks Over Knives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZb-35oV_7E

Dapper? Thanks so much for sharing that link you provided earlier today.

--K.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: