Old 08-16-2018, 10:22 AM   #5289
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Currently... fabulous!

I was a lil less than fab a lil while ago. More like while dealing with an irate customer. Talking … at length... with this person has me putting forth a question and theory...

Do y'all think that people who are rude… discourteous... kinda mean... are likely to be unhappy people? By rude I don't mean just their emotional state... upset... irate... annoyed... frustrated … etc... everyone feels like that now and then. It's my theory that people who act like that... rude... discourteous... mean... and are so repeatedly... must be pretty unhappy people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
I don't think so. I think being mean to others is what makes them happy. If someone like that ever shut up and starting playing nicely, I think that would make them unhappy.
I agree with both of you in a chicken and egg kind of way.

Some people are mean because they are unhappy and being mean and making others feel less than makes them feel better about themselves, which does make them happy but it's an empty happiness. It does nothing to fill the soul.

But...some people do get genuine pleasure from pricking other people's happiness balloons. Those people are usually villains in movies but there are mere mortals out there who strive to replicate that behavior.

I try my best to kill them with kindness. I turned my grumpy UPS delivery man around like that. I smiled really big and called him Sunshine every time I saw him and asked about his life, his day and, when he came back from vacation, how that went. He went to Aruba, btw. Lucky duck!

Now, he jokes with me and smiles when he brings stuff in instead of mean mugging and being a stink head. It doesn't work on everyone, though.

Currently, I am feeling pretty good. Today's my last day off before a long stretch so that will change in a few days most likely. It's harder to be happy when you're hot and tired and a little hangry, but I'll try.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: