daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
Engulfed in flames is good daisy...unfortunately with all the publiccity and build up you may be a bit disappointed....It was good but not deserving of so much acclaim.
My best guy friend told me the same thing, so that's why I had put-off reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
I just ordered four ELizabeth Gaskell novels (mostly because I just saw the third part of Cranford on Masterpiece classics last night). I've read Gaskell's Bio of Charlotte Bronte but didn't think to read her novels. Now I'm about to start up my old obsession with very long Victorian novels. I'll probably emerge again sometime in 2011. See you then.

Rufus
Good for you, Rufus--it's always fun to rediscover your love for literature! I've read Glaskell's North & South--it's definitely worth the read. I also like Mary Elizabeth Braddon's Lady Audley's Secret and Olive Schreiner's Story of an African Farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Rufus,

May I suggest "Jane Eyre" for a Bronte work? It's amazing.....and the first Victorian work I ever read...and have read it 4 or 5 times. Deep and rich and colorful.
Ooh, I love Jane Eyre. I must say, too, that I had quite the fantasy of being her--and especially after I saw the BBC version with Timothy Dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Im reading "The Places That Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times"
I want to read this, too, now! It's an oldie but a goodie if you're looking for something similar: Feel the Fear . . . and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
Fever : how rock 'n' roll transformed gender in America / Tim Riley.
Yayyyyyy I have been waiting for 5 months for our local library to get this book in!!!! I placed it on hold and will pick it up tomorrow.
This sounds really cool--you'll have to let us know how you liked it!

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote