Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,093 Times in 8,591 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Therapy

It's time to get back into therapy.

Have been holding onto some bad and negative feelings. One area I've been holding onto since childhood—months or years can go by without it crossing my mind and then something reminds me of it and BAM, there it is, like a concrete block obscuring or distorting everything. I have another area of bad and negative feelings that came about in the last 7 or so years. It's more controllable, but it's something I need to address. Luckily, neither of these problems involve sexual abuse.

I had much success with a therapist a few years ago who helped me after my car accident and with a sexual abuse issue I had. But I had to stop seeing her after she downplayed my fear of Trump. I didn't even want to discuss it with her. I just wanted to do my hypnotherapy for driving, but she pushed it wanting to know how I felt. I told her and she poo-pooed and downplayed the importance of my fear. She just didn't get it. I had hoped that she could help me in other areas but we never got that far. Anyway, I do well with cognitive therapy when focusing on specific areas and problems. I'll get back into therapy once I'm in the midwest.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: