Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Here I go quoting myself again! LOL

So, I am still DOING ALL THE THINGS! (some a little more than others, and some not at all, but myriad ways in which I am taking better care of myself these days).

As much as I hate to admit it...because it's vapid as fuck and doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of "All that is important"...I have some new things making me very sparkly lately:

* My best girlfriend sent me a HUGE package of skin care. Expensive shit that I would NEVER buy for myself because I am just not that girl. She also included a pile of Christian Dior eyeshadow palettes, ColourPop lipsticks, Chanel eyeshadows, and a mound of other random skin-care things.

* The last time I was in Atlanta for Thanksgiving I went ape shit in a great little consignment store and found SIX new pairs of boots and shoes. All new. All crazy expensive originally. All MINE. Because I WILL spent $9 on a pair of ankle boots that were originally $200.
(Can you tell that getting a good deal makes me feel sparkly?)

* Picked up a gorgeous scarf clip made by a Queer artist so that I can now pin my cheetah-print scarf in all manner of glam fuckery. My pin is a replica of a DEATH'S-HEAD MOTH and it's just amazing.

* I busted out my beloved knee-length cheetah print faux fur coat and have been wearing it all over town, feeling sassy and happy.

* I subscribed to Arwen's magazine, "The Cartomancer", and am loving it.

Things I am doing for myself that are not about new stuff:

* I decided not to attend my "family" gathering on that one side of the family for the second year in a row. Self-care is sexy and all.

* I got rid of a huge piece of furniture and 2 more bags of bullshit. I also took another huge bag of stuff to consignment.

* I'm still doing therapy with my amazing, savage, badass therapist and I feel so light and free and plugged in.

* I look in the mirror every day and feel such gratitude to love myself and my life like I do.

My gasoline on the fire has been (as you can see above) a bunch of random things but damn, it's all making this girl pretty sparkly again. Starting to feel myself come out of that "I'm exhausted and my job is trying to murder me..." place again.

Also? Plans to make me dance. Big plans. Secret plans. PLANSSSSSSS.

i read this like you were talking to me and you sound so happy!

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: