How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation
Default Banana Walnut Muffins

I am tossing this Banana Walnut Muffin recipe up then I will throw in a couple of Thanksgiving type of recipes.

1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup golden flax meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup Splenda(or whatever sweetener you use)
1 teaspoon banana extract *
1/2 teaspoon caramel extract
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F.

In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, salt and Splenda.

Combine everything with the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until well blended. Fill 6 paper-lined muffin cups with the batter, dividing it evenly among them. You can spray the liners with cooking spray, but they didn't seem to stick too much.

Bake at 350°F 15 to 20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on a rack before removing from the pan.

Serve warm or at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with butter or cream cheese.

APPROXIMATE NUTRITION INFORMATION PER MUFFIN (MAKES 6 MUFFINS):
280 Calories; 23g Fat; 9g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carbs

* I sometimes use mashed real banana instead of the extract and take the extra carbs into account, eating less carbs throughout the day that I eat these.

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: