Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
i think the dirty little secret of butch fashion IS that a lot of things from the women's section DO fit better. My ex -- who used "he," etc. -- bought, among other things, Gloria Vanderbilt cargo pants. The way his ass looked in those pants. . . . He also wore tailored shirts with darts. i think because he was proud of his abs and didn't want his shirt bagging down the waist. Damn, he was hot. *fans self remembering*

I have to say I appreciate this post! I mix/match both men's & women's clothes all the time. Have some classically styled jackets from dear Gloria (love it that she is Anderson Cooper's mother) that simply fit me well... and I have had both of them altered, too. Even when I wore women's clothes exclusively, a good tailor/seamstress (as my Grandmother was - hand made my Grandfather's business suits) was always needed. Who has a body that anything off the rack fits? Well, except 501's... maybe.

If someone wants to checkout which side my buttons are on, or a label... fine. And.... if it matters to someone, a skilled seamstress/tailor can reverse button holes without a trace of evidence (no, I don't have this done, but know a butch that does)! It is the fit that matters to me. Also, fabric and how it feels against my skin.

All my life, boys/mens pants have just fit me better, but not when it comes to some of the finer women's designers.

I have a silk black & white stripped shirt that is a woman's that I have had more compliments about than any of my all-menswear outfits/shirts. It looks fantastic with a black tie. It is a favorite piece in my wardrobe.

Now, I also really like Brooks Brother suits..... and do wear that shirt with one!

Actually, I think all butches should just wear what they want... and have fun dressing!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: