Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
My femme room mate talked me into looking in the (gasp) woman's department for pants and what do you know? I found a pair of pants I like (decent sturdy material) that fit me well. And no pleats and no touching my curvey thighs. I was kind of excited about the materials and patterns I saw there.

But another thing about woman's pants that I can't stand is the pockets are so freaking small. What, "lady's" are not allowed to put their hands in their pockets??? And forget about putting a wallet in the back ones. And only one back pocket....really? Or they are sewn shut...go to all the trouble of making a pocket and then sew it shut? Is this what they charge extra for?

As for altering, I'm not expected to alter EVERYTHING right? My casual clothes get pretty torn and stained anyway because of the type of work I do, and my free time mostly is spent doing dog things. Maybe a couple of nice things for those rare dressy occasions?

Yeah... just get things for dressy stuff altered. My casual clothes are just that... casual.

[COLOR="Navy"]There are women's clothes made that have deep pockets and I put a wallet in my back pocket in them all the time. But, no, not cheap. Although, if I have the time (and patience), I will go to the discount places and rummage. I have found top brands (men's & women's) for a fraction of the cost many times. Again, what fits YOU the best and you like is what matters.

I have my dog doing stuff attire, too! Rat pack! And painting fixing stuff, camping & fishing clothes.[/COLOR]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Cheap women's clothes are very poorly made of lousy fabrics(besides they are usually just plain weird looking) but cheap men's clothing is much better quality and still cheap.

Gotta disagree here. I have seen weird/cheap in both and the opposite.

Jackhammer & Thinker have posted some good online links for great ties, vests and jeans for those of us that like to wear suspenders. Both are in mens wear. I want some of those sloops!

There are women clothing designers that have some great uni-sex styles that as a larger woman, fit me well. It looks like for a lot of smaller butches there is a whole other set of problems.

WOW, I am getting a lot of tips here! Hummm... one thing I can't wear via the women's department are shoes & boots. Never could. Got some way wide, big feet! Also, women's styles for the most part just don't speak to me for myself.

Thinking, cheap anything sux in clothing. I try to buy stuff that will last as well as fit. Even cheap men's T's are not for me. I have a hard time with anything that is tight or made from a fabric that isn't comfy for me. My breast/chest/shoulders have always been a problem even with many men's brands. I sure shop discount and thrift/vintage places, but I'd rather pay a little more and be able to wear something for awhile.

Also, in formal wear, buying a good brand is an investment. Just change shirts, ties, vests, etc. and a good tux can be worn for years (classic design).

Last edited by AtLast; 02-19-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: stuff
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: