Old 11-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #16
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have a history of working out and then abandoning my program, whether it was successful or not. Being an 'all or nothing' kind of person, if I didn't give my all, it was easy for me to justify giving it up.

I'm a little older now and presumably wiser and realize that every step in the right direction counts and to try not to be so hard on myself. I'm in a bit of a lax period now but know that I will pick my program back up in short time.

My highest weight was 180. On a 5'1 1/2" frame, that is a lot to drag around. Many factors contributed to me reaching that weight but it basically boiled down to me not being happy. Now, I am happy with my life. So, when I gain 5-10 pounds due to changes in medicine or food intake or lifestyle changes, I am less critical of myself.

Now, I'm about 143, give or take. I'd like to eventually make my way back down to 125-128 but won't throw a hissy fit if it doesn't happen. 135 felt pretty good, so I'd be happy with that if I plateaued there again.

For me, it's more about the mental process than the physical one. But there are some days, after I've gone 5-6 miles on the elliptical, that I feel absolutely invincible and I love that feeling.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote