How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Rockin
The heat has definetly settled in here. It's been in the high ninetys for about five days now. Not unusual for Florida, but a little earlier than usual.

I am lucky to have a pool. I have a great house in a shitty neighborhood. Well, it's an industrial neighborhood, so the "view" is not great. Great house, though, which is why I stay. Also because it is a racially mixed neighborhood and my racially mixed kids are the norm here. A few years ago I rented this house and bought a house in a beautiful neighborhood in the next town. It was obvious from day one that we were not welcome there. I got a complaint call about my sons at least once a week. They were hanging out by the gazebo at the main drive. They were sitting on a bench down by the lake. They were playing video games in the clubhouse. They actually changed the clubhouse rules to keep them out. They raised the age kids could be alone in there from 14 to 16 and then to 18 when one of the boys turned 16. People were constantly telling me how wonderful my daughter is (she's blond with blue eyes), but the boys were not wanted. After about 18 months, when my tenants moved out. we moved back "to the old neighborhood." Now I have a racialy mixed grandchild, so I guess we'll be staying here as long as any of the kids are at home. It is after all. a great house.

So what have you peeps been up to? Are any of you off work for the summer? Any travel plans in the offing? Any relatives on the way?

Speak to me,
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote