CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting to see this thread come back up now in a world where a self confessed rapist is our president and I'm trying to find a disinfectant strong enough to rinse out my brain after reading about Harvey Weinstein's decades of raping women with impunity. I can just see the conversation now, and it's quite droll. 'Oh, no Mr. Weinstein. You wouldn't really want to rape me since I don't identify as a woman.'

Whether or not I agree with their assessment, (which, as it happens I do), I am seen as a woman by would-be rapists, and everyone else, wherever I go. Most of us are seen as women, even most butch women. It might be because I didn't get enough sleep and I'm even crankier than usual, but even as an academic exercise, it seems increasingly odd to claim this is a 'post gender world' when it's not even a post gender nation. Heck, NYC isn't even a post gender city. Neither is San Francisco, and they're a lot closer to genderless over there than we will ever be here on the E Coast. I'm still using my old school gender, thank-you-very-much, so I don't appreciate it when someone tells me my gender has gone out of fashion.