How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I think I'll be okay - at least, I think I've got everything covered that I can (food, work from home, plenty of TP). But what concerns me most is that my boy works in a major chain grocery store. They have _increased_ his hours, although they are shutting the store early every night (8 pm) so they can clean and disinfect and restock shelves. He has a bunch of concerns I had not even thought about:
  • He says about 70% of people "get it" and are patient and polite. But the other 30% are just concerned about themselves, and just want to know why the store doesn't have their favorite whatever and when will they have it, and are impatient in the long lines and rude to the workers and other customers.
  • Apparently when restocking the store, they are unable to completely restock. If _all_ Publix grocery stores are sold out of a thing, say chicken, then they can't redistribute. They are _all_ out. And when the restocking trucks come, they don't have as much as they used to. So if they are used to getting 20 crates of chicken with every chicken truck delivery, they might only get 2 crates. (I think this is when people will really start to hoard - when they notice that not only is the store out of something, it never gets fully restocked. And that could lead to more panic.)
  • He says they are cleaning things that have never been cleaned before, and this is hard on his body. I mean, he's not a young kid any more.
The panic and bad moods really wear on him. I mean, he's in a customer service job, and he's used to it, but the volume of it is wearing on him. He's also working in a place where he could so easily catch COVID-19. He washes his hands and uses sanitizer, but he's around so many people. And he is immunocompromised - he has lung problems. And I have a pretty weak immune system too - but I can't just kick him out of the house and do "social distancing". He has places he could stay, but none of them are better than here.

I also hope we don't get on each other's nerves. We're not used to being around each other this much.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: