Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,085 Times in 8,588 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
With so many people working from home, and the other precautions you have taken, I expect you're better off than a lot of other people right now.

Sorry to hear about the pay cuts and no pay increases. That really sucks. It seems kind of early in the game for the higher ups to be that specific with that kind of information though. Are you sure they're really in financial straits and not just taking advantage of the situation? (Of course, who can be sure of anything?)
Thank you, GeorgiaMa'am. I”m reading between the lines but am sure of what’s to come—it’s just a matter of when. Ours is a face-to-face business with some virtual offerings.

The info we all received so far is: there have been a high number of cancellations, there is a freeze on traveling and purchases unless it’s paid for by clients, all is being done to keep the company functioning, and we’re in this together. From that information, I’m presuming I know what’s coming.

If there are pay cuts, I think they’ll reinstated pay raises and promotions once the company is strong again as they did after 9/11 and the recession in 2008. They didn’t use those disasters as reasons to keep salaries low—as some other companies did.

I work for a good and relatively transparent company. They won’t institute any harsh measures until it’s necessary. We’re having a virtual all company meeting tomorrow and I’ll know more.

Edit: They didn’t even use those disasters to weed out people. Which they could have and were encouraged to get rid of people. They waited and cleaned house in 2014. They were upfront in doing it, too. They said, here’s some money, it’s been good knowing you, but you gotta go.

Last edited by Orema; 03-18-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: