Old 03-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #44
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

To me, declutter is the same as letting go. Freeing up things in your life that you've been hanging on to for too long. When I left Oklahoma, I gave away many things I was toting around for more than 5 years that I never unpacked. I had to ask myself why. When I finally was able to tell myself I no longer had a use for any of it, I let go. I lifted a heavy weight off of me. My brain said, freeing yourself of material things was a start because material things can be replaced, if truly needed. Closets with clothes I'd kept and no longer wore, gone. But decluttering wasn't just about letting go of material things. I released toxic people and chose a saner, quieter life. I've learned to live simple not extravagant.

As for using words I never ever put out to the universe, I have one and it has been with me since childhood. The word hate is one I have never used. I learned from my mom to replace it with dislike. She used to tell all her kids, hate is a strong word and although you may not like something or someone, you cannot say you absolutely hate. She said, what if you told someone you love that you hate them in anger and you go to sleep, wake up and find they died. She said, you will always know, in your heart, what your last words were to them.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post: