JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

New levels of caregiving in mylife.

In January my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. With my parents living with me again that makes me the primary caregiver for my mother and the secondary caregiver for my father (when mom is not well).

I have been attending doctors appointments with her and taking notes, I accompanied her to the hospital and waited (for 5 hours) while she had her lumpectomy.

The lumpectomy was successful, on the second attempt. During the first one she went into afib and her blood pressure bottomed out. They immediatly stopped the surgery and admitted her to the hospital overnight for testing and observation. So that left me to take care of dad alone for the first time.

OMGoodness... he is so obstinent and resentful. He hates being reminded of the things he needs to do, but he refuses to do the things he should, even when he DOES remember.

I feel overwhelmed, worried, and anxious. But there are also feeling of hopefulness. This is all looking like it will have a positive outcome so far.