View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 11:17 AM   #4608
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
6800 steps today. Just work. Now that I have the Fitbit, it kind of feels like I'm calling breathing exercising. Yet on the other hand, it's nice to give my body credit for anything it does, and it always walks!
I agree about how total steps kind of feels like cheating. That’s why sometimes I use the separate workout app to see how I’m doing with pace and the duration of just my intentional exercise. I don’t do it all the time, because much of what I do is just the same route. I know that my beach walk is between 6 and 7 miles depending on the tides, and my lagoon trails are 2 to 3 miles depending on which sections I’m using.

So yesterday near the end of my beach walk I managed to jam a toe pretty hard. I finished the walk and got home thinking it was just a bit sore but after sitting for a while and then trying to walk on it again, I discovered it is none too happy with me. I may well be sidelined for a couple of days.

The weather gods are telling me that it’s OK to take a day off. I seem to be having my first cloudy and actually slightly rainy day since I arrived in May.

Wednesday had 18,795 steps for 7.4 miles
Thursday had 23,288 steps for 9.3 miles
Today will just be a bit of hobbling about and a lot of reading on a cloudy day.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: